The School Board of the City of Virginia Beach voted to name Dr. Donald Robertson Jr. as superintendent at its meeting Jan. 23. A native of Hampton Roads, Dr. Robertson began his career as a math teacher with Virginia Beach City Public Schools (VBCPS) in 1988 and progressed in leadership roles including assistant principal of Bayside High School, principal of Salem High School, chief strategy and innovation officer, chief schools officer, chief of staff and acting superintendent.
Please email Megan Campbell for AVID-related questions.
Advancement Via Individual Determination (AVID)
The purpose of the Landstown Middle School AVID College Readiness System is to restructure the teaching methods of an entire school and open access to the curricula that will ensure four-year college eligibility to almost all students by aligning the AVID WICOR strategies with the Virginia Beach City Public Schools’ Strategic Plan, which strives to equip students with skills they need to succeed as 21st Century learners and workers.
All students, and most especially the least served students who are in middle school:
- will succeed in rigorous curriculum,
- will complete a rigorous college preparatory path
- will enter mainstream activities of the school,
- will increase their enrollment in four-year colleges, and
- will become educated and responsible participants and leaders in a democratic society