For the very first time, Virginia Beach high schools will be playing lacrosse interscholastically starting this spring. With the Beach District season recently underway, each high school is fielding a varsity boys and a varsity girls team. On Tuesday, March 28, Kempsville and Ocean Lakes will play in a girls/boys doubleheader at the Virginia Beach Sportsplex (2044 Landstown Centre Way, Virginia Beach, VA 23456.) The Beach District schedule for all VBCPS schools begins on April 4.
Student Activities Coordinator: C. Clukey
- A Virginia Beach Middle School League physical form ("Updated May 2021") dated on or after May 1, 2022 by a doctor/physician must be on file in the Student Activities Office before try-outs. Physical forms can be obtained from the main office or by clicking on the Athletic Physical Form. Please note that the blue “School Entrance Health Forms” and recreation sports physical forms are not accepted as athletic physical forms.
- For up to date information on student athletics and activities, please visit the VBCPS Middle School Sports page.
- Eligibility Requirements are the same for Interscholastic Competitions as Athletics. However, no physical is required. For more information about eligibility requirements, please visit our Student Athletics page.
- Any students interested in joining the club, please email the sponsor. All students need a permission form signed and turned in to the appropriate sponsor.
- We will begin clubs the last week in September.
VBMSL Academic Competitions:
- Fall - One Act Play coached Megan Scott
- Winter I - Academic Challenge coached by Megan Scott
- Winter II - Debate coached by Lee Hicks
- Spring - Forensics coached by Lee Hicks
- Aerospace Club
- Anchored for life
- Anime Club
- Guitar Club
- Jazz Band
- Marching Band
- Morning Announcements
- Operation Smile
- Shine Girls
- Sustainability Club