U.S. News & World Report recently ranked Kingston Elementary and Old Donation School as the No. 1 elementary and middle schools in Virginia. Old Donation School, which has students in grades two through eight and is the home of the Edward E. Brickell Academy for Advanced Academics & Arts, was also ranked as the No. 2 elementary school in the state.
Student Activities Coordinator: Corey Langston
- A Virginia Beach Middle School League physical form ("Updated May 2021") dated on or after May 1, 2023 by a doctor/physician must be on file in the Student Activities Office before try-outs. Physical forms can be obtained from the main office or by clicking on the Athletic Physical Form. Please note that the blue “School Entrance Health Forms” and recreation sports physical forms are not accepted as athletic physical forms.
- For up to date information on student athletics and activities, please visit the VBCPS Middle School Sports page.
- Eligibility Requirements are the same for Interscholastic Competitions as Athletics. However, no physical is required. For more information about eligibility requirements, please visit our Student Athletics page.
- Any students interested in joining the club, please email the sponsor. All students need a permission form signed and turned in to the appropriate sponsor.
- We will begin clubs the last week in September.
Sponsor: Jennifer Baxter
Through a partnership with Coastal Composite Squadron of Civil Air Patrol, students learn and create projects embedded with principles of flight, rockets, aerodynamics, parachutes, history of aerospace, current events, and aerospace in the military.
Sponsor: Heather Kolhagen
A club where teacher and faculty advisors work with selected seventh and eighth grade students who are chosen to work as Team Leaders to provide additional support for those students that are having difficulties with situations like military deployments, transitions, and being a new student at Landstown Middle. Members also do guided tours for new families and guests, provide new student support kits, help develop morning announcements with hail and farewell messages and uplifting/inspirational quotes, and participate in sessions with peers discussing healthy ways to navigate the difficulties and hardships of middle school.
Sponsor: Lee Hicks
A group in which students who share an appreciation of anime meet and discuss their shared interests with one another. During club meetings, there are activities where students can play games, draw, and socialize.
Sponsors: Diane Tarkenton
Lancer Change Makers come learn about environmental, social, and economic opportunities to improve our world and community. Looking forward to discovering virtual service projects that we can create and complete together.