For the very first time, Virginia Beach high schools will be playing lacrosse interscholastically starting this spring. With the Beach District season recently underway, each high school is fielding a varsity boys and a varsity girls team. On Tuesday, March 28, Kempsville and Ocean Lakes will play in a girls/boys doubleheader at the Virginia Beach Sportsplex (2044 Landstown Centre Way, Virginia Beach, VA 23456.) The Beach District schedule for all VBCPS schools begins on April 4.
Advancement Via Individual Determination (AVID)
The purpose of the Landstown Middle School AVID College Readiness System is to restructure the teaching methods of an entire school and open access to the curricula that will ensure four-year college eligibility to almost all students by aligning the AVID WICOR strategies with the Virginia Beach City Public Schools’ Strategic Plan, which strives to equip students with skills they need to succeed as 21st Century learners and workers.
All students, and most especially the least served students who are in middle school:
- will succeed in rigorous curriculum,
- will complete a rigorous college preparatory path
- will enter mainstream activities of the school,
- will increase their enrollment in four-year colleges, and
- will become educated and responsible participants and leaders in a democratic society
Please email Ms. Campbell for AVID-related questions.